In this interactive workshop, we will discuss the ‘out of the box’ types of clients who may come to you wanting to discuss topics such as ‘the witch rode me last night’, having ‘the root’ put on them, concerns of voodoo curses, seeing the dead relatives and other paranormal or other-worldly situations. Are they delusional or are these events real to them? We will discuss these events and more along with ways to help these clients through these stressful times. We will not be learning how to become a witch, just ways to work with and/or around those with this belief system.
Objectives - upon completion, participants should be able to:
1. List at least two methods used in working with a client with ‘the root’ placed on them.
2. List at least two historical aspects of African healing and western uses.
3. List at least two ways to differentiate between delusion and belief.
4. List at least two ways to ask for help when this is outside the scope of practice.
5. List at least points from a historical perspective where women were tortured for their beliefs.
3 hours CE credit for LPC, LPC-S, LMFT, LMTF-S and contact hours for social workers. Certificates will be awarded via email or at the end of the workshop. Payment may be made via PayPal - Square is available at the workshop for card swipes as well.