This interactive workshop will cover a multitude of potential and actual ethics violations, along with the resolution of said violations. Participants will also be asked to create their own solutions to different ethical dilemmas as a part of individual and group work. This will be a lively workshop sure to ignite some spirited conversation!
Objectives - upon completion, participants should be able to:
1. List at least three signs of self-awareness (or lack thereof).
2. List at least three factors of informed consent.
3. List at least two ways to maintain confidentiality.
4. List at least three ways confidentiality may be breached using technology.
5. List at least three steps used by most models in ethical decision making.
6. List at least two circumstances in which the counselor must legally report (duty to warn).
3 hours CE credit for LPC, LPC-S, LMFT, LMTF-S and contact hours for social workers. Certificates will be awarded via email or at the end of the workshop. Payment may be made via PayPal - Square is available at the workshop for card swipes as well.